Design a spiritual poster montage using the blend of images and type.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
1. I started out by looking for a happy marriage picture. I found a few that I liked and tried working with them but they weren’t big enough. Instead I found the one that is in my montage and I sized it down to work within the resolution specifications.
2. I started looking for a good quote in a talk that I read from President Uchtdorf recently. I found it and started incorporating it into the image while trying to find a good background for the quote to blend with the happy marriage photo.
3. I found a good image to blend with the happy marriage and lassoed it into the correct shape/size and moved it over on top of my main image. I then played around with the fonts to make some words appear bigger than others.
4. I then submitted it to the Facebook group and received student feedback and decided I needed to change the way I had the fonts sized and change the fonts as well. I was also lead to change the background image for the quote so I found another one that works better with it.
5. After playing with the fonts, font background image and drop shadow effect of the quote, I posted it again to Facebook and received some feedback that the second more dramatic drop shadow was best, also that the text should be moved down a bit.
6. I followed the criticism and applied the suggested edits and now have my final product.
Brother Stucki suggested working on the font, so I did and feel I have better font sizing and it all just flows better now. I only had one criticism on the font, from Erin but I believe I have made it look better now as I applied a drop shadow, which was also suggested by another individual. Tatyana suggested I move the text lower, so I did that and also had to move the Temple over a bit. Audrey suggested I add a period to the end of the quote, which I did.
Facebook Critiques: Tatyana Chetina, Erin Smith, Audrey Finlayson Spjut
Instructor Critique: Brother Stucki
A message encouraging others to place a great importance on their marriage.
Those who are married or who plan to be.
TOP THING LEARNED
Blend well, don’t overdo it on the font effects.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Complementary // Blue and Orange
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Snellroundhand Bold Script // Decorative
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Optim Regular and Palatino Italic // Sans Serif and Serif
THUMBNAILS OF ANY ORIGINAL, UNEDITED IMAGE(S) USED IN THE PROJECT