Create a logo for a company/service/organization and establish a visual identity across documents.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
1. I had a couple different ideas that I sketched out, all just including text.
2. I then went to Photoshop and created the logos.
3. I decided on the last one and made some adjustments to it so that it didn’t have such close edges.
4. I then went ahead and created the business cards, which I was pretty happy with but made some changes based on critique from Brother Stucki.
5. I went on to create the letterhead which I was mostly happy with but received some good feedback from Marci, Audrey, and Brother Stucki and followed through with it.
6. I made adjustments accordingly based on the critique I received and proceeded to work on a better watermark and ultimately came out with one I liked.
Marci and Audrey liked the overall design but suggested I do something with the blank blue square that was near the top right – suggestion was to add my logo. I combined that with the advice I received from Brother Stucki about keeping designs consistent and making sure there is repetition in the design. I added my logo but got rid of some inconsistent elements. My wife then showed me which of the letterhead designs she thought was best, but I ultimately did not end up going with that one.
Facebook Critiques: Marci Grimaud and Audrey Finlayson Spjut
One-on-One Critique: My Wife
Instructor Critique: Brother Stucki
A great and affordable place to start a website (this is my real business).
Anyone in need of hosting a website, whether it be a person without a website or someone who has one hosted elsewhere who would like the better features or greater affordability.
TOP THING LEARNED
Cannot just use type for a logo.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Complementary // Blue and Green
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Avenir Next LT Pro Bold // Modern
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Avenir Next LT Pro Italic // Modern
THUMBNAILS OF ANY ORIGINAL, UNEDITED IMAGE(S) USED IN THE PROJECT
SOURCE OF EACH IMAGE (website name and hyperlink)
Facebook icon: https://www.iconfinder.com/iconsets/social-media-icons-the-circle-set
Host Your Space logo is my own creation.