Design a website homepage using a grid.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
- I started with a Sketch and planned out what I wanted to have in the design.
- I then did a wireframe in Photoshop to digitally lay out how things were going to be set.
- I then created my digital design in Photoshop. The grids really helped align everything
- I then posted to the Facebook group to show my initial design and got some good feedback by Ralph, Seth, and Audrey. Brother Stucki also shared some feedback.
- I fixed what she asked and posted my final design.
Ralph suggested having one pricing box instead of two, making the “why choose us” box not all caps, and uncentering the footer. Seth liked the design and didn’t have any suggestions to improve on the design. Brother Stucki liked the design and suggested adding more contrast to the title vs.the body text. Audrey suggested for her personal preference that the nav links be left-aligned but I tried it and it just looked like it was off so I decided to keep it centered as it already was.
Critiques: Ralph Borcherds, Seth Bennett, Brother Stucki, and Audrey Finlayson Spjut
Come get some great and affordable hosting!
Anyone interested in creating a personal website or a website for their business.
TOP THING LEARNED
Wireframes and sketches really help to map out what you will want in your final design.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Split Complementary // Blue, Green, Grey
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Lato Black // Sans Serif
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Optima Regular // Sans Serif
THUMBNAILS OF ANY ORIGINAL, UNEDITED IMAGE(S) USED IN THE PROJECT
SOURCE OF EACH IMAGE (website name and hyperlink)
Logo is my own.
Laptop image is from: Pixabay