Create an infographic that organizes data in a visually pleasing way.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
1. I thought about what I wanted to do and decided on a infographic about websites and small businesses.
2. I found some info on how few small businesses have a website.
3. I started sketching out the infographic on paper.
4. I opened up illustrator and started drawing things out.
5. It took a bit of fiddling to get everything in the right spot but I am happy with the result.
Seth suggested I cut down on text, so I went back to and tried my best at thinning it out. Brother Stucki suggested I turn one of the five stick figures a different color in order to represent the 1 in 5 statistic, he also suggested making a bar graph out of the excuses – I found a creative way to do just that and I’m happy with it. Sarah liked the watermark, so I updated it with the arrow I made last week and moved it down toward the center of the page. Tatyana suggested changing the background color or text color to make it easier to read, so I changed the text color to make it lighter.
Facebook Critiques: Seth Bennett, Sarah Pence Sharp, Tatyana Chetina
Instructor Critique: Brother Stucki
To let people know that small businesses need websites to be more profitable.
Anyone who owns a small business or knows someone who does.
TOP THING LEARNED
Alignment is important, especially with so many moving parts.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Split Complementary // Teal, Blue, White and Gray.
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Egyptian Slate Std // Serif
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Klint Std // Sans Serif
THUMBNAILS OF ANY ORIGINAL, UNEDITED IMAGE(S) USED IN THE PROJECT
SOURCE OF EACH IMAGE (website name and hyperlink)
I created them all myself.
Source of Data INC. – http://www.inc.com/tess-townsend/small-business-survey-godaddy-websites.html