Design a brochure for a company.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
1. I first created a new logo in Photoshop for my company.
2. Then I went into InDesign and started to design my brochure. I was able to get the stock images for free online. I had a bit of a hard time determining where I needed to put the different images and how I should crop them and how large they should be.
3. I was able to get some feedback and get some better ideas on what to do with the images, how to align the text, etc.
4. I made the changes to my brochure and started the dreaded printing/perfecting process.
5. After 8 attempts, I am now comfortable with how it turned out.
I put up my first draft on Facebook and received a comment from Ralph Borcherds about some spacing issues, which I promptly fixed. Brother Stucki gave me some feedback in the critique video that suggested I take a look at kerning and alignment of my body text, so I went ahead and changed that to be more in alignment with the rest of the design. I also made some miscellaneous adjustments to align pictures better with text.
To provide entry-level designers with some steps to create a website layout in Photoshop.
People who are interested in building a website.
TOP THING LEARNED
Print twice…at least. More likely about 10 times.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Complementary – Green and blue
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Iowan Old Style // Serif
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Helvetica Neue Thin // Sans Serif
THUMBNAILS OF ANY ORIGINAL, UNEDITED IMAGE(S) USED IN THE PROJECT
SOURCE OF EACH IMAGE (website name and hyperlink)
First four images are from Pixabay
The last one is my own design